Monday, February 16, 2015

Who I am and why I blog

My name is Heather and I am a mother of two who is in the middle of a divorce. I also have depression, anxiety, and PTSD from childhood trauma (daddy issues). This blog is not meant to be inspirational or a guide on how to deal. Honestly, each day is a struggle for me as I wade through the advice on how to see the silver lining and move on.

I'm definitely not at the stage where I can show you what I learned from my experience and make suggestions. I am still very much in the depth of mourning, looking for people who are going through what I'm going through as a sort of validation of my feelings. It hit me that I could be one of those people for someone else. By sharing my experiences and thoughts and 'aha' moments, I could be that sense of validation for someone else. I'm hoping that 1) I understand myself better after blogging, 2) I learn from others who may comment on my posts, and 3) that I can help someone going through the same thing.

It's not easy sharing your innermost thoughts, doubts, and struggles and that decision is something I've gone back and forth about for a while. If you've come here to judge me on how I'm handling things, you are not welcome. I do not need someone to remind me that I should feel shame or guilt or that I should see I'm better off and move on already. If you read my blog, you will see that I feel a lot of that already. I know how pathetic some of my actions may sound, but I am human with human emotions, and I will make mistakes. But I fully intend on learning from them.

No comments:

Post a Comment